Sunday, April 17, 2005

Who is the Person God Uses?


A Christian baptism service was held at the Christliches Zentrum Buchegg or CZB (Christ Center Buchegg) in Zurich, Switzerland last April 10, 2005. CZB has 1,500 members, exclusing visitors, with five worship services in a week given in German with pulpit and headphone translations in English, Spanish, and Portuguese and Thai. (JAYRED/April 2005)


Just last Friday evening during our nine-part church course called "Ministry Development," the Lord used mightily a Bible scholar and cell group leader from Ghana, Africa to remind me of this very important insight: Everything we do as Christians must flow out from our fellowship with the Lord.

"Without Him (Jesus Christ)," he said with much emphasis, "I cannot do anything."

This has always been my conviction. But that night, I felt God reminding me of something; driving home a truth in my heart.

I must admit there have been times in my life when I have fallen into the trap of self-sufficiency -- relying on my human wisdom, my human understanding, and my human strength, without consulting the Most High. Isn't it that the Bible says that many are the plans in a man's heart, but it's His plan that prevails?

How I would like to renew my resolve to give everything at the feet of Jesus from whom all things flow. May He grant me the grace to not withhold anything from Him -- both the joys and the pains -- regardless of the external factors that always distract and tempt me to swerve to the right or to the left. I desire this "wholeness" in Jesus.... Only then can He powerfully work through me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home